21.3.11

Weekend movies

Jane Eyre written by Charlotte Brontë is probably one of the best books I have ever read. Now there is a new dramatization of the book, done by BBC films. There are a lot of movies based on this book, which I unfortunately have not seen.



In this version we can see Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre. A year ago she was the leading actress in Alice in Wonderland. Even though she is quiet a young actress, I think she has played these both roles very good!
Rochester is played by Michael Fassbender. He has done some movies, most famous of them is Inglorious Basterds. He will play in several movies during 2011 and 2012.

The good thing was that it is about 5 years since I read the book, so I did not remember that much. But of course, a book with several hundred pages can't be squezzed into a two hour movie. But I think this was a good film based on an amazing book.

The second movie I watched this weekend was Never let me go, based on yet another book, which has the same name and is written by Kazuo Ishiguro. I have so so many times had this book in my hands when browsing through books at the book store, but I never bought it. And what an amazing story, at least according to the movie! It not only has a beautiful storyline but also wakens medical-ethical questions. Here stars such as Keira Knightley, Andrew Garfield (social network) and Winnie Gekko (Wall street; money never sleeps) were playing the lead roles.


So now you have two nice movies to watch and two books to read! What a good start for a new week ;)

2 kommentarer: