10.3.11

Post numero 200

I am safe and sound at home, even though I probably had one of the longest trips ever. Some of it was my own fault, I just got 3 hours of sleep the night before (the reason for it I explain later), but somehow I managed to catch a ferry that was awfully full with a lot of less enjoyable people. A lot of foreigners (by that I mean other nationalities than Finns and Estonians) and everybody decided to go and sit exactly where I wanted to. It was so stuffed that a man even asked me if he could sit with me at my table (something that I hate when people do it, I do not want any stranger's company even though he is quiet and does not bother you.

But I figure that I need to say something nice too and not just whine. It was really nice spring weather both in Tallinn and in Helsinki, the sun was shining, the streets were free of snow... And since I finally learned how to travel with minimum luggage, I walked 30 min from the bus station to the ship. In Helsinki I met up with Jenny and ate a nice(compared to those we get at our school everything we get in Finnish universities seems like heaven!) student meal. Fortunately for me she was just as tired as I was so communication happened on the same level ;)

Another nice thing was that I got to read a real book and I am halfway through it. It is Mark Haddon's A spot of bother. But I am reading it in Swedish (got it for my birthday from Mom)

I can already now say that I am a bit disappointed about this book, since I really really loved his bestseller The curious incident with the dog in the night time and I had hoped that he would do something in the same stil as that book. Well anyhow, it is nice to read a real book once in a while. I am secretly hoping that I would have time to read loads and loads later in life when I am pregnant and at home with a baby. Or just next year when the worst semester of med school is over. One can always dream!

Maybe somebody of you is wondering how my and Fanny's challenge went. We did excellently and enjoyed a nice McDonald's meal on the international women's day :) And we watched Tudors and talked all night long, and that is why I went to sleep at 3am.

Enjoy the early spring all of you!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar